TUNA.MALAYSIA (hereinafter referred to as “TUNA”) BY BLUEFIN INTERNATIONAL SDN BHD (hereinafter referred to as “BLUEFIN”) shall use the valuable Personal Information of our customers (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) in a proper manner with an aim to realize the vision of TUNA, “to provide excellent platform connecting people to quality and affordable Japanese cosmeceutical products”. And, in order to realize the business that offers a pleasant online shopping experience through secure payment and satisfactory support, Personal Information that we collect from our customers will be treated as precious asset of BLUEFIN and the Personal Information will be used by us in developing products that well reflect the opinions of our customers.
Ⅰ Handling of Personal Information of Our Customers
1．Purposes to Use Personal Information
In order to provide pleasant and efficient shopping and other experiences to our customers with the use of our services, BLUEFIN will collect the Personal Information of our customers and use the information within the scope of the following purposes:
(1) To confirm the identity of our customers at the time of purchase, reservation, return or exchange of our products;
(2) To make registrations for various membership services of TUNA and withdrawals therefrom;
(3) For the notification of the arrival of products;
(4) For the billing for and the delivery and after-sales service of our products;
(5) To convey necessary information to third parties on behalf of customers, including the provision of Personal Information of customers to third parties to whom customers entrust the delivery and/or installation of products purchased from us;
(6) For the preparation of product warranty documents;
(7) For the communication of recall information, safety notice, information about lost properties, etc.;
(8) To respond to requests and inquires received by our Customer Service or Customer Support Center;
(9) For questionnaire surveys, and the provision of information about our products through catalogues, documents, e-mails, advertisement from third party etc.;
(10) For the notification of various events including a sale, a competition and prizes, or invitation for participation therein;
(11) To confirm the identity of customers at the time of application for product advice;
(12) For the provision of ancillary services of BLUEFIN related to the foregoing;
(13) For the preparation of statistical data on the purchase of our products, etc.; or
(14) For the research and analysis of data such as the history of product purchases, etc. and the Personal Information.
*1. Only when customer agrees to receive. (Even if the customer cancels the subscription, emails/postal items that have been submitted may still be sent out.)
2．Methods of Collecting Personal Information
BLUEFIN collects the Personal Information of our customers mainly from the following sources:
• Information provided by customers orally or in writing at the time of
the purchase, return, exchange, delivery, after-sales service of our products;
• Information provided by customers electronically through the Internet including from the BLUEFIN website (www.tuna.my) ; or
• Information obtained as required from our customers in responding to their inquiries over the phone, e-mail, chat tool or FAX.
3．Use and Management of Personal Information
(1) BLUEFIN collects Personal Information of
our customers in order to provide the best services to our customers and uses
the collected information in compliance with relevant laws and regulations and
only to the extent necessary for the purposes mentioned in preceding Article 1.
(2) BLUEFIN has a person responsible for the handling of the Personal Information of our customers and also has in place appropriate internal procedures to ensure the management of the Personal Information in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. BLUEFIN also has in place appropriate security measures against potential risks concerning the protection of the Personal Information.
(3) BLUEFIN may entrust a third party with the handling of the Personal Information of our customers in connection with the delivery and/or installation of our products, the issuance to members of membership cards for various membership-based services, the management and analysis of purchase history records and other data or the processing of clerical work that BLUEFIN may consider necessary. In that case, BLUEFIN confirms to ensure that appropriate security measures as required by relevant laws and regulations are in place at the side of the third party contractor, and monitors the handling by the contractor of the Personal Information in accordance with an outsourcing contract concluded between BLUEFIN and the contractor.
(4) BLUEFIN and our contractor may transfer the Personal Information of our customers to any third party operating overseas.
(5) In the event where any information different from the Personal Information that BLUEFIN obtained from a customer in connection with a specific service is provided by the customer to BLUEFIN, then BLUEFIN may consider the Personal Information provided afterwards is up-to-date information about the customer and update the Personal Information of the customer recorded for the purpose of the service.
4．Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
BLUEFIN will not provide Personal Information of our customers to any third party except for in the case of any of the following situations:
• Where the consent from customers is obtained;
• Where the provision is based on applicable laws and regulations;
• Where the use of the Personal Information is necessary to protect the life, body or property of any person and it is difficult to obtain consent from customers;
• Where BLUEFIN is required to cooperate with any public organization or a contractor thereof in performing work required under any law and obtaining consent from customers is likely to hinder the execution of the said work; or
• Where BLUEFIN outsources any of its operations to a third party who has entered into a non-disclosure agreement with BLUEFIN.
5．Sharing of Personal Information
Companies of BLUEFIN Group will share the Personal Information of our customers in accordance with the following:
(1) Companies within the scope of sharing
Subsidiaries of BLUEFIN INTERNATIONAL SDN BHD.
(2) Purpose of use
Within the scope of the purposes listed in preceding Article 1
(3) Elements of Personal Information to be shared
Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, history of product purchase and other data that BLUEFIN may obtain from our customers
(4) Person responsible for the management of Personal Information
BLUEFIN INTERNATIONAL SDN BHD
6．Inquiries Concerning Personal Information
BLUEFIN has in place the “Personal Information Consultation Desk” and will promptly respond to any inquiries received at any of the following contact addresses in accordance with our prescribed procedures in connection with the disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion or other handling of the Personal Information of our customers.
Company Name: BLUEFIN INTERNATIONAL SDN BHD
Unit in Charge: Personal Information Unit
Postal Address: No. 8A, Jalan Harmonium 35/2, Taman Desa Tebrau, 81100, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.
7．Personal Information of Customers Younger Than 16 Years of Age
Customers younger than 16 years of age are requested to obtain consent from their parent or guardian before providing their Personal Information to BLUEFIN.
Ⅱ Handling of Personal Information On Our Website
Cookies are small text files created to store
information that customers provide to us. In usual cases, it is not likely that
the Personal Information of customers and the information of their computer
systems are stolen through the cookies.
Strictly necessary cookies are used to:
- Remember what is in your shopping cart
- Remember how far you are through an order
Functional cookies are used to:
- Remember your log-in details
- Make sure you are secure when logged-in
- Make sure that the web site looks consistent
- Offer messenger chat support
Performance cookies are used to:
- Enhance the performance of the web site
- Enhance the user experience
Targeting cookies are used to:
- Allow you to share and like
- Send information to other websites to customize their advertisement
Examples of use:
The cookies are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling the functionality of some specific services like payment which will not work without those cookies
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password when logged in to Tuna.my so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and to ensure that there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- Analysing data to help us understand how you use online services so we can improve them
If you want to delete any cookies already on your computer, please refer to your browser vendor’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu. You can also find out more about cookies and how to delete and control them on www.aboutcookies.org or click “Help” in your browser menu.
Cookies Used by Our Website